The cosmetic surgery trend is not the same in all situations and even all the time. The new trend of cosmetic surgery will change depending on different items such as fashion and technology. Also, the demand for different types of cosmetic surgeries is increasing day by day.
Top cosmetic surgical and minimally-invasive procedures are:
- Breast augmentation
- Nose reshaping
- Eyelid surgery
- Tummy tuck
Today people are more interested to do surgical and non-invasive procedures together. For instance, many people prefer to do facelift as well as filler injection at the same time to achieve optimal results.
There is also a difference between cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery. The new trend of cosmetic surgery focuses on body enhancement but plastic surgery reconstructs body parts which are tolerated damage due to burns, disease or trauma.
Injectable procedures are more common because of lower cost, lower invasiveness, and low downtime as well as a lower barrier to entry and lower stigma. Lasers and skin resurfacing also are more advocated because they have immediately visible effects, quick and lunchtime procedures.
This surgery involves using breast implants or fat transfer to increase the size of your breast. Breast augmentation also called breast aug or boob job restore breast volume after pregnancy or weight loss in order to improve breast size asymmetry and achieve a more rounded breast shape.
Sometimes breast augmentation needs to be done by breast lifting at the same time or maybe in a separate surgery. When the breast is severely drooping, a breast lift will be applied to lift the breast.
The pros and cons of breast augmentation
Breast augmentation surgery is associated with some advantages and disadvantages the same as any other operation:
- Adjust the deducted size breast after pregnancy
- Improve your appearance if your breasts are too small or one of them is smaller than the other one
- Enhance your self-steam
- Refine uneven breasts after breast surgery or any other conditions
- Breast pain
- Implant leakage or rupture
- Changes in nipple and breast sensation
- Scar tissue that distorts the shape of the breast implant
It is a surgical procedure involve suction technique to remove fat from different parts of the body such as abdomen and waist, thighs, inner knee, cheeks, chin, neck, back, chest area, calves and ankles, hips and buttocks and upper arms.
Advantage and disadvantages of liposuction
Liposuction has many advantages including:
- Fat removal
- The surgery results can be durable and make you stimulate to avoid overeating and having a healthy lifestyle
- It can be applied for different parts of the body
- It can have a skin tightening effect
- With liposuction operation, you don’t have to do exercise, diet or other complicated slimming technique to reduce fat
There are also some risks with liposuction surgery such as:
- Fluid accumulation
- Contour irregularities
- Fat embolism
- Lidocaine toxicity
- Internal puncture
- Kidney and heart problems
Rhinoplasty advantages and disadvantages
Nose job or rhinoplasty has great advantages for rhinoplasty candidate such as:
- Increase self-confidence
- Improve breathing
- Restore facial symmetry
- Improve sleep apnea
- Modify sinus problems
- Correct birth defects
- Remove nasal bump
- Fix any deformity
There are also some disadvantages with nose surgery including:
- Infection. The symptoms of infection post-op rhinoplasty include fever, redness, skin warmth and drainage, increasing pain and swelling.
- Anesthesia reaction
- Skin contour abnormalities and swelling
- Difficulty breathing
- A hole in the septum (septal perforation)
- Nose asymmetry
- Temporary numbness in the nose
- Unsatisfactory nasal shape
Blepharoplasty also called eyelid surgery is a type of surgery that improves droopy eyelids by removing excess skin, fat, and muscles. In some cases, when the droopy eyelids are corrected, it also can modify your vision by removing the obstructed field of view. Eyelid surgery can be applied on upper lids, lower lids or both.
Pros and cons of eyelid surgery
Eyelid surgery provides you some advantages such as:
- Results are more natural-looking than ever
- Remove the puffiness around the eyes
- Surgery scars are unnoticeable because they get hidden in the eyelid creases
- Improve vision problems
- Recovery time is relatively easy
Possible risks of blepharoplasty include:
- Noticeable scarring
- Infection and bleeding
- Injury to eye muscles
- Temporarily blurred vision or in rare condition loss of eyesight
- Skin discoloration
- Dry, irritated eyes
The procedure of this new trend of cosmetic surgery also called abdominoplasty that includes removing excess fat and skin and also tightening muscles in the abdominal wall in order to make a smoother and firmer abdominal.
Tommy tuck profits and risks
There are some medical benefits that you can gain after the surgery such as:
- Decrease of stress urinary incontinence
- Ventral hernia correction
- Improved abdominal tone and better posture
There are also some risks with tummy tuck including:
- Poor wound healing
- Tissue damage or death
- Fluid accumulation beneath the skin
- Change in skin sensation
- Unexpected scarring